THESE ARE “MUST READS” FOR MY MENTEES. I keep several copies handy for people in need because they are too valuable to return.
- QbQ! - The Question Behind the Question by John G. Miller has great lessons in personal accountability (e.g., the only person you can change is you).
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey provides foundational and timeless teachings for interacting with others for greater impact and continuous personal improvement.
- 12: The Elements of Great Managing by Rodd Wagner and James K. Harter gives insight on providing the basic and extra needs of your employees to deliver engagement and greater impact.
- Leading Change by John P. Kotter is a road map for leading your organization through change. Wish I had read this much earlier in my career.
- The Speed of Trust by Stephen M. R. Covey explains the foundations for building trust for extraordinary outcomes.
James Robinson is the former VP for vaccine and biologics technical operations for Merck & Co. In this role, he supported the manufacturing strategy, process development, technical transfer, approval, and production of Merck’s vaccines and biologicals at eight internal sites in the U.S. and Europe and several partner sites globally.