DRIVING AND LEADING THROUGH CHANGE are critical leadership capabilities. Some of my current favorite books include:
- Influencer, The New Science of Leading Change: Find vital behaviors that drive change, measure, and influence to motivate for changed behaviors.
- Execution, The Discipline of Getting Things Done: Establish beliefs to influence behaviors directly linked to goals.
- Leading the Lean Enterprise Transformation: Transform through Lean and Six Sigma to make room for efficient growth.
- Nobody Ever Gets Credit for Fixing Problems that Never Happened: Creating and Sustaining Process Improvement: Working smarter trumps working harder long-term.
- The Leadership Pipeline, How to Build the Leadership Powered Company: Cultivate change in leaders transitioning to new roles.
- Positivity: Foster heartfelt positivity to increase openness to new possibilities.
- 7 habits of Highly Effective People: My periodic “go-to” for reflection and reinvigoration of personal change; a perfect refresher to start the New Year.
Charlene is SVP of global quality and technical operations at Shire Pharmaceutical and is accountable for global GMP and GDP quality functions.