A: Here are my nine “go to” resources.
- Management Challenges for the 21st Century
- The Effective Executive
- Managing in Turbulent Times
- Breakers: Leading by Destruction in the Innovation Economy
John P. Kotter
Daryl R. Conner
- Managing at the Speed of Change
- Monday Morning Leadership: 8 Mentoring Sessions You Can't Afford to Miss
- The First 90 Days: Proven Strategies for Getting Up to Speed Faster and Smarter
- What Got You Here Won't Get You There
All have a couple of common themes, beginning with change. What I like about all of these resources is they all go beyond analysis and encouragement to actual application. While visionary guides can be inspirational, toolkits are much more practical in equipping executives to lead (not manage) change.
MITCHELL KATZ, PH.D.
Mitchell has 30 years of experience in the pharma and biotech industries, including preclinical research, pharma operations, and regulatory affairs. He is the head of medical research and drug safety operations at Purdue Pharma L.P.