Advertising Terms & Conditions
1. All rates are gross
2. For all web ads, web ads embedded in e-newsletters and eblasts, a minimum print display schedule must be purchased.
3. Companies not advertising in the print version of Life Science Leader must add 50% to web rates.
4. A 3x minimum must be purchased for print ads.
5. Email blast names are not available in quantities of less than 5,000 names.
6. Web advertising runs for calendar months.
7. Web advertising rates are based on advertisements that will be regularly rotated with other advertisers.
8. Web advertising is agency commissionable at 15% of the gross amount.
9. All web advertising included but not limited to e-newsletter sponsorships, eblasts, and webinars are required to be prepaid.
10. Within 30 days after a webinar contract is signed, the date and time for the webinar must be scheduled.
11. Notice of postponement (rescheduling a webinar) must be received at least 30 days prior to the event. Notice of postponement will result in a rescheduling fee of $500.
12. Notice of cancellation must be received at least 30 days prior to the event. Notice of cancellation will result in a cancellation fee of 50% of the webinar price.
13. Multiple advertisements within one issue count toward frequency. Additional pages after the first page of spreads and inserts do not count toward frequency.
14. Net payment is due 30 days from invoice date. A 1.5% per month service charge is added to outstanding balances. Make all checks payable in U.S. funds.
15. The advertiser agrees to reimburse Life Science Leader for all collection costs on any invoice turned over to our collection agency.
16. In the event a bill is not paid within 45 days, all discounts will be forfeited.
17. Credits apply toward future advertisements. No cash refunds will be made.
18. Advertisers will be charged for ad cost if they contract for space and the materials do not arrive on time.
19. Notice of cancellation must be in writing and received by 7 calendar days prior to the ad sales deadline. Notice of cancellation 30 days prior to the ad sales deadline is preferred.
20. Life Science Leader will be unable to cancel advertising within 7 calendar days of the ad sales deadline (check with your account representative for these dates).
21. Advertisers will be short-rated if they fail to use the amount of space upon which their contract billings have been based, within the agreed-upon time period.
22. Tearsheets are only provided upon written request from an advertiser or agency who has approved credit terms.
23. Additional terms and conditions are located at www.Jamesonpublishing.com/legal.
24. Please contact your account representative
Please review our Privacy Statement, which also governs your visit to the Site.
Copyright 1996-2020 VertMarkets, Inc. All rights reserved.
LICENSES AND CONTENT SUBMISSIONS
VertMarkets hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to download, view, copy and print documents and graphics incorporated in these documents (the "Documents") from the Site subject to the following conditions: (1) the Documents may be used solely for personal, informational, and non-commercial purposes; and (2) the Documents may not be modified or altered in any way. Except to the extent permitted under copyright law, you may not otherwise use, download, upload, copy, print, display, perform, post, reproduce, publish, license, transmit or distribute any information from this Site in whole or in part without the prior written consent of VertMarkets or any third party that provides information to the Site.
Visitors to the Site may post or transmit reviews, comments, communications, suggestions, questions, ideas, or other information or content (collectively, "Communications") subject to the "Prohibited Acts" described further below.
VertMarkets has the right (but not the obligation) to monitor and edit or remove any activity or content on the Site. VertMarkets takes no responsibility and assumes no liability for any Communications posted by you or any third party.
VertMarkets may, in appropriate circumstances and at its sole discretion, terminate use of the Site by any visitors who infringe on the intellectual property rights of others.
If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide VertMarkets's Copyright Agent the following information:
- an electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
- a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site;
- your address, telephone number, and email address;
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
VertMarkets's Copyright Agent for Notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows:
101 Gilbraltar Road, Suite 100
Horsham, PA 19044
By Phone: (215) 675-1800
By Fax: (215) 675-4880
By email: email@example.com
"VertMarkets," the VertMarkets logo and other marks indicated on the Site are registered trademarks or trademarks of VertMarkets in the United States and worldwide. Other VertMarkets graphics, logos, page headers and service names are trademarks or trade dress of VertMarkets. VertMarkets's trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any product or service that is not VertMarkets's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among customers, or in any manner that disparages or discredits VertMarkets. Unless otherwise noted on the Site, all other trademarks, service marks and logos used in this Site are the trademarks, service marks or logos of their respective owners.
PASSWORDS AND SECURITY
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your passwords and/or any account information in connection with the Site, and for restricting access to your computer. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account or password, and you agree to notify VertMarkets immediately of any unauthorized use of your passwords or accounts.
PROHIBITED ACTS, MONITORING OF CONTENT AND TERMINATION
The Site may contain e-mail services, bulletin board services, chat areas, news groups, forums, alerts, communities, calendars, file cabinets and/or other message or communication facilities designed to enable you to communicate with others (collectively, "Communication Services"). You agree to use the Site and Communication Services only to post, send and receive messages and material that are proper and, when applicable, related to the Site or particular Communication Service. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using the Site or Communication Services you will not:
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that is unlawful, abusive, vulgar, harmful, threatening, harassing, tortious, defamatory, obscene, libelous, invasive of another's privacy, or otherwise objectionable;
- harm minors in any way;
- impersonate any person or entity, including but not limited to a VertMarkets official or VertMarkets managing editor, or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity;
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any content transmitted through the Site or Communication Services;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that you do not have a right to make available under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any content that infringes any patent, trademark, trade secret, image or program, copyright or other proprietary rights of any party;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unsolicited or unauthorized advertising, charity requests, petitions for signatures, promotional materials, "junk mail," "spam," "chain letters," "pyramid schemes," or any other form of solicitation, except in those areas that are designated for such purpose;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any material that contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- interfere with or disrupt the Site or Communication Services or servers or networks connected to the Site or Communication Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Site or Communication Services;
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, regulations promulgated by the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission, any rules of any national or other securities exchange, including, without limitation, the New York Stock Exchange, the American Stock Exchange or the NASDAQ, and any regulations having the force of law;
- interfere in any way with other users of the Site or Communication Services;
- post or transmit any message which discloses private or personal matters concerning any person; and
- post, list or transmit articles which are off topic according to the description of the group affected (collectively, the "Prohibited Acts").
You understand that all Communications and all information, data, text, images, software, icons, music, sound, photographs, graphics, video, messages or other materials (collectively, "Content"), whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, are the sole responsibility of the person from which such Content or Communications originated. This means that you, and not VertMarkets, are entirely responsible for all Content or Communications that you upload, forward, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available via the Site or Communication Services.
VertMarkets does not control the Content or Communications posted via the Site or Communication Services and, as such, does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such Content or Communications. You understand that by using the Site or Communication Services, you may be exposed to Content or Communications that are offensive, indecent or objectionable. VertMarkets will not be liable in any way for any Content or Communications, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content or Communications, or for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content or Communications posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Site or Communication Services.
VertMarkets further reserves the right to terminate your access to the Site, the Communication Services and any accounts you may have in connection with the Site or Communication Services at any time and, without notice, for any reason whatsoever. You agree that VertMarkets shall not be liable to you or any third party for any termination of your access to the Site, the Communication Services or any accounts you may have in connection with the Site or Communication Services.
You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Content may involve
- transmission over various networks; and
- changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT:
YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. VertMarkets EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
VertMarkets MAKES NO WARRANTY THAT
- THE SITE OR THE COMMUNICATION SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS;
- THE SITE OR THE COMMUNICATION SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR FREE OF VIRUSES, ERRORS OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS,
- THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE SITE OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE,
- THE QUALITY OF ANY PRODUCTS, SERVICES, INFORMATION, OR OTHER MATERIAL PURCHASED OR OBTAINED BY YOU THROUGH THE SITE OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES WILL MEET YOUR EXPECTATIONS, AND
- ANY ERRORS ON THE SITE OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES WILL BE CORRECTED.
ANY CONTENT DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SITE OR THE COMMUNICATION SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION AND RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH CONTENT.
VertMarkets WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF VertMarkets HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM:
- THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES,
- THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SITE OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES,
- UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA,
- STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SITE OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES, OR
- ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE OR COMMUNICATION SERVICES.
LINKS, THIRD PARTY WEB SITES, CONTENT, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
The Site and Communication Services provide links to Web sites and access to content, services, and products from third parties, including users, advertisers, affiliates and sponsors of the Site. You agree that VertMarkets is not responsible for the availability of, and content provided on, third party Web sites. You should refer to the policies posted by other Web sites regarding privacy and other topics before you use them. You agree that VertMarkets is not responsible for third party content accessible through the Site or Communication Services, including opinions, advice, statements and advertisements, and you understand that you bear all risks associated with the use of such content. If you choose to purchase any products or services from a third party, or if you purchase any products or services where VertMarkets acts as the reseller of a third party's products or services, your relationship is directly with the third party. You agree that VertMarkets is not responsible for: (1) the quality of third party products or services, and (2) fulfilling any of the terms of your agreement with the seller, including delivery of products or services and warranty obligations related to purchased products or services. You agree that VertMarkets is not responsible for any loss or damage of any sort you may incur from dealing with any third party.
INFORMATION CONCERNING FINANCIAL MATTERS
If you intend to create or join any service, receive or request any news, messages, alerts, updates or other information from the Site or Communication Services concerning companies, stock quotes, investments or securities, you should take particular care to review the foregoing sections on Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability. Such services are for informational purposes only, and no such information or Content is intended for trading or investing purposes. VertMarkets will not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available through the Site or Communication Services, and shall not be responsible or liable for any trading or investment decisions made based on such information.
Because of the global nature of the Internet, you agree to comply with all local rules regarding online conduct and acceptable content, including all laws, rules, codes and regulations of the country in which you reside. In addition, you agree to comply with all laws regarding the transmission of technical data exported from the United States or the country in which you reside.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless VertMarkets, its officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including attorney's fees and costs, arising out of or in any way connected with your access to or use of the Site or Communication Services.
NOTE ABOUT CHILDREN
Minors are not eligible to use the Site or Communication Services, and we ask that they do not submit any personal information to us.
CHANGE, DISCONTINUANCE OF THE SITE AND SEVERABILITY
Fees and Payments. You must be 18 years of age or older to purchase a subscription to the Services or any other content, product, or service offered by us through the Services. If you are less than 18 years of age and want to make any such purchase, please ask your parent or guardian to complete the purchase on your behalf. You agree to pay the subscription fees and any other charges incurred in connection with your account for a Service (including, but not limited to any applicable taxes and shipping charges) at the rates in effect when the charges were incurred. If your subscription includes access to areas containing premium content or services, your access to such areas may be subject to additional fees, terms and conditions, which will be separately disclosed in such areas. Subscription fees will be billed at the beginning of your subscription or any renewal. Generally, all fees and charges are non-refundable but we reserve the right to issue refunds or credits at our sole discretion. If we do issue a refund or credit, we are under no obligation to issue the same or similar refund in the future. We may change the fees and charges then in effect, or add new fees or charges, by giving you notice in advance and an opportunity to cancel. You are responsible for any fees or charges incurred to access a Service through an Internet access provider or other Third Party service.
Term; Cancellation and Renewal. This Agreement shall remain in full force and effect while you use the Services. For annual subscriptions, we will notify you of the pending renewal of your subscription at least 30 days prior to the date your subscription expires, except as otherwise required by law. You may cancel your subscription by contacting Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
Subscription Policies. By subscribing to a Service, you are subject to our Subscription Agreement section of this document. Please read these carefully as they set forth our refund, cancellation and pricing policies and other important matters. We reserve the right to change these policies at any time and you should refer to them frequently to ensure you are aware of current policies.
Availability of Service through other Platforms; Third Party Payment Services.
If you access a Service through a mobile application or other type of third party platform, the applicable End User License Agreement for the mobile service through which you downloaded the mobile application may apply in addition to the terms of this Agreement and you agree that you are subject to such application or platform’s terms in addition to this Agreement.
Certain Types of Users; Print Subscriptions.
Other Subscribers and Users. If your access to a Service is provided by, or through a Third Party (as defined above), or if you have paid for access to the Service in connection with your subscription to one of our print publications, or purchased your subscription to the Service through a retailer rather than from us directly, some or all of the "Fees and Payments" and "Cancellation and Renewal" terms may not apply to you. Please contact the Third Party, retailer or our Customer Service department for details. If you access a Service without paying or registering (e.g., as part of an "open house" or free trial), you are hereby notified that all of the terms and conditions of this Subscriber Agreement, except the sections labeled "Fees and Payments" and "Cancellation and Renewal," apply to your use and access of the Service.
Print/Digital Combo Subscriptions; Online Orders. If you subscribe to a digital Service and also receive the print version of any paid printed publication from VertMarkets’ or its subsidiaries shall be subject to this Agreement, except for those provisions which, due to their nature, are applicable solely to the use of a digital product or service.
Limitations on Use.
Only one individual may access a Service at the same time using the same user name or password, unless we agree otherwise.
The text, graphics, images, video, artwork, metadata and other data, design, organization, compilation, look and feel, advertising and all other protectable intellectual property, including but not limited to any copyrights, trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress, patent rights, or database rights (the "Content") available through the Services are our property or the property of our advertisers and licensors and are protected by copyright and other intellectual property laws. Unless you have our written consent, you may not use, sell, publish, distribute, retransmit or otherwise provide access to the Content received through the Services to anyone, including, if applicable, your fellow students or employees, with the following exceptions:
Additional Restrictions on Use of the Content.
You agree not to rearrange or modify the Content available through a Service. You agree not to display, post, frame, or scrape the Content for use on another web site, app, blog, product or service, except as otherwise expressly permitted by this Agreement. You agree not to create any derivative work based on or containing the Content. The framing or scraping of or in-line linking to the Services or any Content contained thereon and/or the use of webcrawler, spidering or other automated means to access, copy, index, process and/or store any Content made available on or through the Services other than as expressly authorized by us is prohibited.
You further agree to abide by exclusionary protocols (e.g., Robots.txt, Automated Content Access Protocol (ACAP), etc.) that may be used in connection with the Services. You may not access parts of the Services to which you are not authorized, or attempt to circumvent any restrictions imposed on your use or access of the Services.
As a general rule, you may not use the Content, including without limitation, any Content made available through one of our RSS Feeds, in any commercial product or service, without our express written consent.
You may not create apps, extensions, or other products and services that use our Content without our permission. You may not aggregate or otherwise use our Content in a manner that could reasonably serve as a substitute for a subscription to a Service.
Any unauthorized or prohibited use of any Content may subject you to civil liability, criminal prosecution, or both, under applicable federal, state, local laws, or applicable foreign laws, rules, regulations and treaties. We require users to respect our copyrights, trademarks, and other intellectual property rights and shall enforce same.
You agree not to use the Services for any unlawful purpose. We reserve the right to terminate or restrict your access to a Service if, in our opinion, your use of the Service may violate any laws, regulations or rulings, infringe upon another person's rights or violate the terms of this Agreement.
DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES AND LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE SERVICES AND THE CONTENT, TOOLS, AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SERVICES IS ON AN "AS-IS", "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS AND WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. VERTMARKETS’ AND ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS RESPECTIVE SHAREHOLDERS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, ADVERTISERS, CONTENT PROVIDERS AND LICENSORS ("COMPANY PARTIES") WILL NOT BE LIABLE (JOINTLY OR SEVERALLY) TO YOU OR ANY OTHER PERSON AS A RESULT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE SERVICES OR SUCH CONTENT, TOOLS, OR PRIZES FOR INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOST PROFITS, LOST SAVINGS AND LOST REVENUES (COLLECTIVELY, THE "EXCLUDED DAMAGES"), WHETHER OR NOT CHARACTERIZED IN NEGLIGENCE, TORT, CONTRACT, OR OTHER THEORY OF LIABILITY, EVEN IF ANY OF THE COMPANY PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF OR COULD HAVE FORESEEN ANY OF THE EXCLUDED DAMAGES, AND IRRESPECTIVE OF ANY FAILURE OF AN ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF A LIMITED REMEDY. IF ANY APPLICABLE AUTHORITY HOLDS ANY PORTION OF THIS SECTION TO BE UNENFORCEABLE, THEN THE COMPANY PARTIES' LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE FULLEST POSSIBLE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW.